I qualify to apply for Full Membership based on Exceptional Circumstances
A performer who is applying for Membership based on Exceptional Circumstances must prove he/she is very well known in the media, and his/her name is widely recognized. This clause is usually accessed by performers from other countries where work in recorded media may not be unionized, and where UBCP/ACTRA does not have a reciprocal agreement in place. Non-union work done in a country where a union exists will not be considered when reviewing an application for membership based on Exceptional Circumstances.
In order to apply for Full Membership based on Exceptional Circumstances, please submit the documents listed below to the Membership Committee (email@example.com)
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or Permanent Residency Status (accepted documents are: Passport, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Indian Status Card, Citizenship Card or Permanent Resident Card)
- Cover Letter detailing the request
- Letters of recommendation
- Copies of professional engagement contracts
- DVD(s) of recorded performance work
- CD of radio work
- If a vocalist, at least one copy of released recordings (CDs)
UBCP/ACTRA Membership Committee recommendations are submitted to the UBCP/ACTRA Executive Board for approval. All applicants will receive the decision of the Executive Board in writing. If your application is successful, you will be invited to join as a Full Member.
Back to Become a Member