COVID-19 Financial Supports & Benefits
- If you get sick with COVID-19
- If you are exposed to COVID-19 and are required to self-isolate
- If you experience any other “Eligible COVID-19 Event” from work
Sick Leave Pay from Productions
Full details see PAGE 14 of the Sideletter re:COVID-19 – Effective May 1, 2021
Contact the UBCP/ACTRA Rep for the production you were working on by calling 604-689- 0727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible for assistance.
WorkSafeBC (WCB) FAQ
If any worker contracts COVID-19 as a direct result of their employment, they are entitled to compensation
with WorkSafeBC (aka WCB) if the following conditions are met:
- There is evidence that the worker has contracted COVID-19. This is typically either a medical diagnosis, or non-medical factual evidence where other evidence, e.g., a symptom cluster, establishes the existence of COVID-19.
- The nature of the worker’s employment created a risk of contracting the disease significantly greater than the ordinary exposure risk of the public at large.
Claims are adjudicated on a case-by-case basis.
Like any other illness, report to WCB as soon as possible
Please email UBCP/ACTRA’s Health & Safety Performer Advocate, Lori Stewart, if you need assistance.
There may be supports available form your benefit provider regardless of whether you got sick from work, a family member, or the broader community.
Phone: 604-801-6550 or 1-866-801-6550
Phone: 604-689-0727 ext. 2261
E-Mail: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not know your benefit provider contact UBCP/ACTRA Member Services.
For those working OTHER JOBS that pay into the E.I. program
The AFC is the lifeline for Canada’s entertainment industry. Through compassionate and confidential support, they help Canadian entertainment professionals maintain their health, dignity and ability to work.
UBCP/ACTRA is a significant contributor to AFC and we urge our members to apply to the AFC if they are experiencing hardship due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The AFC can provide short-term emergency financial assistance for essential household bills and costs that cannot otherwise be paid. This assistance is based on immediate financial need. The AFC does not provide compensation for lost earnings.
Contact AFC – 1.877.399.8392 (Toll-Free)