Education Credit Information
You may be granted an Education Credit if you received a degree or diploma in Acting – which includes at least 1,000 hours of performance-based work – from a qualifying institution. All graduates have sixty (60) days from the date of graduation to register an Education Credit as their first Qualifying Credit.
If your credit has expired, you may write to the Membership Committee to explain why you failed to register your credit on time, and request that it be validated. To contact the Membership Committee, or if you have any questions regarding your Education Credit please send an email to email@example.com (attach any relevant documents).
The qualifying programs are:
- University of British Columbia – Bachelor of Fine Arts/Acting
- University of Victoria – Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Theatre Acting
- Studio 58 at Langara College – Diploma in Theatre Arts/Acting
- Vancouver Film School – Diploma in Acting for Film and Television
- New Image College – Film Acting Conservatory, 2 year diploma program
- Capilano University – Acting for the Stage and Screen Diploma, or Musical Theatre Diploma
- Vancouver Acting School– Acting: Film, Television & Voice-Over combined with Comedy Conservatory or Theatre Conservatory
- Vancouver Institute of Media Arts (Vanarts) – 1-year Acting for Film and TV Program
- Art Institute of Vancouver – Acting Program, completion of all 5 levels
This list does not imply endorsement by UBCP/ACTRA.
The list of qualifying institutions is subject to change at any time at the discretion of UBCP/ACTRA. Other schools may meet the eligibility requirements but have not applied. This list will be updated as schools apply and satisfy the criteria to qualify for the Education Credit.
Back to Become a Member