- How to Practice Winter Wellness (CTRI) https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/blog/how-to-practice-winter-wellness/?vgo_ee=s61x9Pq1LcfzHi2SpCthjg%2FoAQY7wIKwevAKcx2CvIo%3D
- BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services – Bounce Back – Free virtual health skill-building program http://www.bcmhsus.ca/our-services/virtual-health-services/bounce-back
- Managing COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression – ( BC Ministry of Mental Health & Additions) https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health-safety/covid19_stressmanagement_5_accessible.pdf
- COVID-19: Balancing Public Health and Mental Health (Anxiety Canada) – https://www.anxietycanada.com/articles/covid19-balancing-public-health-and-mental-health/
- Talking To Kids About COVID-19 (Anxiety Canada) – https://www.anxietycanada.com/articles/talking-to-kids-about-covid-19/
- Pandemic Pushing your Anxiety Buttons? (CMHA) – https://cmha.bc.ca/news/managing-anxiety-covid-19/
- 5 Mental Health Tips Amid Covid-19 (CMHA) – http://ontario.cmha.ca/news/cmha-offers-tips-to-support-mental-health-amid-concerns-of-covid-19-pandemic/
- Talking with Children about COVID-19 (BC Children’s Hospital) http://www.bcchildrens.ca/about/news-stories/stories/talking-to-children-about-covid-19-2
- Anxiety Canada hosted a Town Hall on March 25, 2020 (1hr. 2min long) : https://www.anxietycanada.com/covid-19/
With COVID-19 having forced people around the world into self-isolation, anxiety for many people is at an all-time high.
- Free Evidence-Based Mental Health Relief – “Mindshift” App (Anxiety Canada) – https://www.anxietycanada.com/resources/mindshift-cbt/
This FREE app was developed by Anxiety BC and the BC Mental Health & Addictions Services and can be downloaded from iTunes or other App smartphone platforms.
- 4 Key Dimensions of Self Care – (CTRI – Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute) https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/blog/4-key-dimensions-self-care/
- What to do if you’re anxious or worried about coronavirus (COVID-19) (Anxiety Canada) – https://www.anxietycanada.com/articles/what-to-do-if-you-are-anxious-or-worried-about-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Helping Children and Teens Cope with Social Isolation – (BC Children’s Hospital) – http://www.bcchildrens.ca/about/news-stories/stories/helping-children-and-teens-cope-with-social-isolation
- 4 Strategies for Building Psychological Resilience -(CTRI) – https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/blog/4-strategies-for-building-psychological-resilience/
- How to Find Credible Mental Health Information Online – (CTRI) – https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/blog/how-to-find-credible-mental-health-information-online/
- 10 Ways to Get Along with Anxiety – (CTRI) https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/blog/10-ways-get-along-anxiety/\
- How to Support Someone Who’s Depressed – (CTRI) https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/blog/how-to-support-someone-whos-depressed/
- Depression – Don’t Believe Everything You Think– (CTRI) https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/blog/depression-dont-believe-everything-think/
- How mindfulness can help during Coronavirus (Smiling Minds, Au.) https://blog.smilingmind.com.au/how-mindfulness-can-help-during-coronavirus
- Staying mentally healthy when you’re working from home (Smiling Minds, Au.) https://blog.smilingmind.com.au/staying-mentally-healthy-when-youre-working-from-home
- Managing Your Mind During Coronavirus (Smiling Minds, Au.) https://blog.smilingmind.com.au/managing-your-mind-during-coronavirus
- Finding a place inside that feels calm and safe (Smiling Minds, Au.) https://blog.smilingmind.com.au/finding-a-place-inside-that-feels-calm-and-safe
- Thrive Inside with Smiling Mind App – https://www.smilingmind.com.au/thrive-inside
The app is FREE and can be downloaded from the Smiling Mind – Apple App store and Smiling Mind – Google Plan Store
We’re here to help you remain inspired, stay connected and foster good mental habits during the Coronavirus crisis.
Thrive Inside is a special initiative to help you stay calm and healthy in the physical constraints of your home, while remaining calm and healthy inside your mind.
- BC CDC: Harm reduction information for people who use substances in the context of COVID-19: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/vulnerable-populations/people-who-use-substances
- BCCSU: Safer drinking tips during COVID-19: https://www.bccsu.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/safer-drinking-covid-March-30.pdf
- BCCSU: Safe drug supply: https://www.bccsu.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Safe-Supply-Flyer.pdf
- National Post – COVID-19 food safety: Separating the myths from the facts https://nationalpost.com/life/food/covid-19-food-safety-separating-the-myths-from-the-facts
- The New York Times – Cleaning Your Home: Good. Accidentally Poisoning Yourself: Bad. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/smarter-living/coronavirus-clean-home-house-disinfect.html