COVID-19 Information and Updates for Members
Please check in here regularly
We will be updating the page as information becomes available
Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
As you may know, the Federal Government has introduced legislation to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19. The legislation provides for the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) – a taxable benefit that would provide $2,000 a month for up to four months for workers who have lost their income as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Extra 8 weeks available – CERB extended from 16 weeks to 24 weeks for workers who:
- stopped working due to COVID-19 or
- are eligible for Employment Insurance regular or sickness benefits or
- have exhausted their Employment Insurance regular benefits or Employment Insurance fishing benefits between December 29, 2019 and October 3, 2020.
B.C. Emergency Benefit for Workers – Applications Open May 1, 2020
The B.C. Emergency Benefit for Workers will provide a one-time $1,000 payment to people whose ability to work has been affected due to COVID-19. Eligibility criteria:
- B.C. residents who receive the new federal Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) are eligible, including people who have run out of employment insurance (EI) benefits and now qualify for the CERB
- People will need to state that they have filed or will file a 2019 B.C. income tax return to complete the application for the B.C. Emergency Benefit for Workers
- The CRA has up-to-date guides on how to file your taxes quickly online
For more details click here.
If you have any questions about CERB please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Social Media for quick updates