Pay Your Dues
The deadline to pay the 2020/2021 annual dues is August 31, 2020.
Click on https://payments.actra.ca/ubcppayments/logintopay.aspx to pay your dues online or use one of the payment options listed below.
What Happens If I Don’t Pay by August 31?
If payment is not received by August 31st the following consequences may apply:
- A 10% late fee may be applied
- Full Members– If you fail to pay your annual dues by October 1st your membership may be suspended. Suspended members are charged non-refundable work permits and service fee on all residuals and will not receive insurance or retirement benefits. If annual dues are in arrears for two consecutive years, the result will be the resignation of your Union membership. Re-instatement into the Union at a future date requires payment of outstanding annual dues and fees and the reinstatement fee of $1600.
Full Members who do not plan on performing can put their membership on Withdrawal. To qualify for withdrawal/inactive status, you must be a Full Member of UBCP/ACTRA for at least twelve (12) months; you must pay any outstanding dues; be in good standing; agree that you will not perform in any recorded media while on withdrawal, submit a withdrawal application form and pay the withdrawal fee of $48.75 (25% of the basic annual dues).
If you go on withdrawal before August 31, 2020 you do not pay the 2020/2021 Annual Dues.
Full Members on withdrawal or suspended status will be charged the 25% non-member fee on Film & TV residual payments and the 10% non-member fee on Commercial residual payments. We recommend that you call your Insurance provider before going on withdrawal, to understand what happens with your insurance and retirement benefits.
Apprentice Member – Failure to pay your membership dues by October 1st may result in the cancellation of your membership and loss of all qualifying credits. Credits earned prior to the cancellation will not be eligible towards a future apprentice membership.
Background Member – Failure to pay your membership dues by October 1st may result in the cancellation of your membership. All accumulated hours and days worked as a UBCP/ACTRA Background Member will be lost and will not be eligible towards a future membership.
1.ONLINE: https://payments.actra.ca/ubcppayments/logintopay.aspx. Select the “Pay Dues Online” button. Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card only.
2. EMAIL: Send an e-transfer to email@example.com . You MUST use your full name and member number as the security question. The security answer/password MUST be Transfer-4UBCP or Transfer4UBCP
3. PHONE: Call 604 689 0727 ext. 3001. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards only. Debit cards (including Visa debit and MasterCard debit) are not accepted over the phone.
4. MAIL: Send a cheque made payable to UBCP/ACTRA or your credit card details using the form on your dues invoice. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards only. Debit cards (including Visa debit and MasterCard debit) are not accepted for payments sent by mail.
Please note the office remains closed to in person service, and cash payments will not be accepted at this time.
Contact UBCP/ACTRA Member Services at 604-689-0727 or firstname.lastname@example.org